We are a boutique law firm practising in all areas of family law.
We are based in Perth and practise mainly in the Family Court of Western Australia in relation to all family law matters, including divorce, child-related proceedings and property settlements.
We also provide an efficient and cost-effective private Family Dispute Resolution service aimed at assisting people to mediate and negotiate their own agreement about their property settlement and the care of their children.
We offer professional, respectfully delivered and timely services to people affected by separation or divorce.
If you wish to make an appointment or ask any questions about our services, please contact Benn directly on 0413 856 299.
We also offer convenient appointments after hours or on Saturday afternoons.
Legal Advice / Family Court Representation
We provide legal advice and representation in all proceedings in the Family Court of Western Australia, including:
- providing an Initial Consultation for Family Law Advice to give you legal advice about your rights and responsibilities;
- advising you on and preparing your Family Court documents; and
- representing you in your Family Court proceedings.
We can assist you with any aspect of your family law matter, including:
- Property Settlement
- Property Settlement for De Facto Couples
- Children's issues including where children live and the time children spend with their parents
- Recovery Orders
- Applications for Consent Orders
- Spousal maintenance
- Adult child maintenance
- Binding Financial Agreements (including pre-nuptial agreements)
- Binding Child Support Agreements
- Limited Child Support Agreements
- Paternity or parentage testing
- Cases involving third parties, including grandparents wishing to spend time with children or creditors wishing to recover debts
- Applications for a declaration of nullity of marriage
- Any other proceedings in the Family Court of Western Australia
What is Family Dispute Resolution/Mediation?
Family dispute resolution is a process in which a family dispute resolution practitioner (FDRP), who is independent of all of the parties involved in the process, helps people affected, or likely to be affected, by separation or divorce to resolve some or all of their disputes with each other.
Family dispute resolution/mediation provides:
- a safe, structured and confidential process;
- an independent person to assist with the communication during the session;
- an opportunity for everyone to develop and consider all the options;
- referrals to support services; and
- a process by which agreements can be written up and formalised into a Parenting Plan.
What is Family Law Arbitration?
Arbitration is a process (other than a judicial process) in which parties to a dispute present arguments and evidence to an arbitrator, who makes a determination to resolve the dispute.
A family law arbitrator is only able to make a determination about property and financial issues, including property settlements, spousal maintenance or disputes about financial agreements. Arbitration is not available for child-related proceedings. The Family Court of Western Australia has published a brochure about family law arbitration, which is available on the Family Court of Western Australia website.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you wish to engage us as your family law arbitrator.