Divorce Order

You can apply to the Family Court for a divorce order if your marriage has broken down irretrievably.

You can apply for a divorce order once you have been separated from your spouse for more than 12 months.  If you have reconciled once for less than 3 months, you can combine the two periods of separation to meet the 12 month requirement.

If you were in a same-sex marriage solemnised and recognised as valid in a foreign country, you can now divorce in Australia.

We offer a Fixed Fee Divorce service for the fixed fee of $770 plus the Family Court filing fee.  Please contact us on 0413 856 299 to discuss your eligibility for a fixed fee divorce.

You can also contact us for an Initial Consultation for a fixed fee of $250 if you have more complex questions about your marriage or divorce, including:

  • whether your overseas marriage is recognised as valid in Australia;
  • whether your overseas divorce is recognised as valid in Australia;
  • whether you are eligible to apply for a decree of nullity in relation to your marriage;
  • basic assistance to enable you to file your own application for divorce; or
  • any other questions in relation to marriage or divorce in Australia.

Sample Divorce Order

Contact Details

Benn Hill

ECU Business Centre
Unit 18, 15 Barron Parade


0413 856 299
(08) 9301 1438


Benn Hill - Barrister & Solicitor

Experienced, legally trained and child-focused

  • Professional & personal service
  • Prompt appointments
  • Mediation sessions may occur even if one party has a violence restraining order in place
  • Competitive pricing
  • Section 60I certificates